An artist her entire life, Barbara Tiffany joined the Crealdé faculty in 2012 and serves in multiple capacities. She manages the Painting & Drawing program, teaches adult classes and workshops, and serves as curator for the school’s gallery exhibitions. After a long commercial art career, she devoted herself to her painting in 1982. Her studies in classical painting were strongly influenced by her mentor, the late Maury Hurt, at the former Maitland Art Center, where she was an instructor and maintained a studio for many years.
- 2015, Second Place, Annual Exhibition, CityArts Factory, Orlando, Florida
- 2013, Third Place, Annual Exhibition, CityArts Factory, Orlando, Florida
- 2012, Jury’s Top Fifty, Salon International, International Museum of Contemporary Masters of Fine Art, Greenhouse Gallery of Fine Art, San Antonio, Texas
- 2009, Best in Show, Faces 2009, juried exhibition, Henegar Center for the Arts, Melbourne, Florida
- 2006, Purchase Award, Maitland Art Center, Maitland, Florida
- 1999, Individual Artist Recognition Award, United Arts of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- 1997, Second Place, Ridge Art Association, Winter Haven, Florida
- 1996, Third Place, Wiregrass Biennial, Wiregrass Museum of Art, Dothan, Alabama
- 1991, Mary Hulitar Award, 53rd Annual National Exhibition of Contemporary American Paintings, Society of The Four Arts, Palm Beach, Florida
A native of Central Florida, David Hunter is a master printmaker and experienced art educator, who is well-known on the Crealdé campus for his wry sense of humor and remarkable patience with teaching his art to students, adults and children alike. Printmaking is a process of creating images, or etchings, that involves using acid to etch lines into a hard metal plate, and then using that plate to make prints.
- 2017, Award of Merit, DeLand Fall Festival of Arts, DeLand, Florida
- 2017, Tony Senador Award, Lake Mary-Heathrow Festival of Arts, Lake Mary, Florida
- 2017, President’s Award, Citizens Bank & Trust Lake Wales Arts Festival, Lake Wales, Florida
- 2016, 1st Place in Two-Dimensional, St. Augustine Fall Art Festival, St. Augustine, Florida
- 2016, Award of Merit, Art Harvest, Dunedin, Florida
- 2016, First Place in Graphic Art, Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, D.C.
- 2016 Best Etching/Engraving, 25thAnnual Miniature Art Show, Seaside Art Gallery, Nags Head, North Carolina
- 2016, Award of Excellence, St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Sanford, Florida